Good Morning world! Today marks the first day of classes this semester. It’s going to be a busy one but life goes on.
Taekwondo taught me the importance of goal setting many years ago. We told our students to always set SMART goals in life. We did it for Taekwondo, school, and life in general. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time (there are different variations to this acronym).
Before I left the US I set some goals for myself while in Europe and I’m doing so again for this semester! To hold myself accountable I’m going to share them with you:
- Study German at least once a week (preferably 3-4 times a week)
- Study Italian at least once a week (preferably 3-4 times a week)
- Study ASL at least once a week (preferably 3-4 times a week)
- Go to different coffee shops
- Go different places in Germany and Europe
- Study for the GRE twice a week until June/July and 3-4 times after that
- Look into different grad school programs
- Visit the Heidelberg Castle
- Read a book or two for pleasure
- Use my time wisely
- Write at least ten letters
- Workout every week
- Play volleyball more
- Go to some sort of exercise class
- Write in a journal at least once a week
That’s it for now. Enjoy this song. The group is an amazing acapella group!